In order to monitor with Water Reporter you need, at minimum, access to a computer or smart mobile device, and a unique log-in to the system. Follow these steps to get started.
A Water Reporter account is required in order to explore and participate in any Water Reporter supported monitoring programs.
1. DOWNLOAD AND OPEN APP
- Download the Water Reporter app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Upon opening the app, you’ll arrive on the sign in page. Since you don’t yet have an account, tap the option to "sign up for Water Reporter". This will bring you to the sign-up page.
2. CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
- All fields are required in order to create your account. If you do not want to use your real name, please enter an alias. Your account will be associated with your email address.
- Tap the green box to complete the Sign Up process.
3. SELECT GROUPS TO JOIN
- Search for the organization(s) that you want to join. Join groups to share your observations with them.
- To join a group, tap the green circle. The circle will fill, indicating that you have joined that group.
- Click the check mark after you have selected your groups.
- NOTE: You can join or leave groups at any time from your profile page and the group’s feed. You can join more groups by searching for their feed and selecting ‘follow’.
4. FOLLOW PEOPLE
- Each account has an individualized global view of posts. When you follow people their posts will appear in your global feed. You can also skip this step by tapping the instruction to do so. Tap the check mark to save your settings.
5. SET UP YOUR PROFILE AND NOTIFICATIONS
- We encourage you to personalize your account so that you can fully embrace the community aspect of Water Reporter.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper left hand corner. Select Edit Profile. Add a photo and a bio.