Thanks to Water Reporter's geo-location services, all reports show up on a map. Did you know that we also have the entire National Hydrography Dataset's Watershed Boundary Dataset overlaid on the system? This means you can tell Water Reporter what watersheds you are interested in keeping tabs on and we'll share all of the reports shared to that watershed with you - even if no one shared them directly with your group!
Setting this up is easy, you basically just need to know the name of your watershed or the numerical code. We've set it up so that you can receive notifications for anything within a boundary at the HUC8, HUC10, or HUC12 level. So if you are a group with a large footprint you can assign various owners to different smaller watersheds. Or, if you are a small community group, you can really focus in on the area of interest rather than a much larger footprint.
Step by Step Instructions
- This feature can only be activated via the website. Log in to your account on waterreporter.org.
- To add watersheds to your profile, navigate to your profile.
- Scroll down to Watersheds.
- Type in the watershed(s) of interest.
- Click Save.
- You can add as many as you'd like.