Whether you're collecting data on dissolved oxygen levels, secchi depths, temperature, or bacteria counts (or all of the above), you can manage and visualize your data through Water Reporter's Flow feature. This article shows you how to access and add a new data source to your account. Check out other articles to see how to set up, manage, and visualize data source that you add to your account.
Locate your Data Sources Feature
- Sign in to your Water Reporter account at www.waterreporter.org. After signing in the system will redirect to you to your dashboard.
- Scroll down to the group that you want to access.
- Click on Manage Account.
- This will bring you to your feature dashboard. Click on Data Sources.
Create a new Data Sources Feature
When you click on the Data Sources tab for the first time, you’ll be prompted to create a new data source. After the first data source has been created, you can create additional sources by using the green plus circle in the top right hand corner.
- Enter a Name for your data source. If you have a branded monitoring program, we recommend using that name here for consistency.
- Enter a description for internal reference.
- Click the Green Check to save your new data source.
- Now, on your dashboard screen your new data source will appear under the data sources. We need to add information to this data source!
PLEASE NOTE: We highly recommend working with a Water Reporter Team member to setup your Flow account and first data source. We can get it set up faster and more accurately for you. The information that we need in order to get started is:
- All station names, station ids, and locations (latitude/longitude) of monitoring sites.
- All parameters that you measure, including units
- If you score your data based on a calculation or ranges, we need that information in order to build your visualization. If you base your score on a calculation, make sure all input variables are included in your spreadsheet that you share.